hotel-industry.co.uk is operated by Jamieson Media in the UK.
By providing your personal details to us, you signify your acceptance of our Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to this statement, please do not provide your personal details to us. This privacy statement is incorporated into, and part of, the Terms and Conditions, which govern your use of the site in general. We will use your information for the purposes set out in paragraph 5 below.
You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe whenever we communicate with you. To unsubscribe from hotel-industry.co.uk communications please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject box.
We may need to update this privacy statement from time to time. We recommend that you regularly check this page to ensure that you have read the most recent version.
In common with many websites, we use “cookies” to help us gather the following information from visitors to hotel-industry.co.uk, for example:
- the IP address from which you access the site
- the type of browser and operating system used to access the site
- the date and time of your access to the site
- the pages you visit
- the internet address of the website from which you accessed the site
You can delete cookies at any time or you can set your browser to reject or disable cookies.
If you do disable cookies, some functions on the site may not work correctly.
We work with third-party cookie providers who place cookies and beacons on your computer to collect information on our behalf.
Specific Opt-Out instructions can be found on these pages.
2. Collecting personal information.
You can decide what personal information you provide to us. We will only collect personal information that you choose to provide. Where possible, we will enable you to select how we will use this information (for example, by choosing to opt-in or opt-out of receiving special promotional offers).
You may choose to provide us with personal information if, for example, you: contact us with an enquiry; register on the site, fill out a survey or other form with your personal information included; request us to provide you with information; enter a competition; post information to public areas of the site or participate in a promotion.
You have the opportunity to choose not to opt-in receive communications from us at any point where we request information about you.
Third parties (including but not limited to software providers, advertisers and ad placement agencies) may also use tracking technologies by or through the site. We have no responsibility or liability for any tracking, data collection or other activities of such third parties.
3. Our use of personal information
We will use information collected from you in the following ways:
- Marketing purposes. We may use information for internal marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our consumers or to measure the amount of traffic to our websites. We may also use your personal information in order to communicate with you about our products and services and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies and any of their related businesses. However, you will be able to opt out of these communications. We may also share non-personal information with others, such as advertisers, in aggregate anonymous form, which means that the information will not contain any personally identifiable information about you.
- Transactional purposes. We may use your personal information in order to respond to your queries and requests and to manage transactions such as credit card payments for any goods that you order from us or any of our agents, or for the fulfilment of such transactions (e.g. delivery). The personal information you provide may be used by an authorised vendor to fulfil that order.
- Third party offers. We may arrange for carefully selected organisations to send you marketing and promotional information that may be of interest to you. In such circumstances your personal information may be disclosed to these organisations who will agree to be bound by the terms of this privacy statement. We will obtain your permission before we send you any such communications.
- Public (or Interactive) Areas of the Site. Information that you post on or through the public areas of the site (e.g., chat rooms, bulletin boards and discussion groups) are generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. Users of the site are encouraged to exercise caution when providing personal information about themselves in public areas of this site.
- Sale and Transfer. In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including without limitation, personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- Administration and Data Management. We may transfer your personal information to third parties under confidentiality obligations when the performance of any service in relation to the activities above is sub-contracted (e.g. the administration of a marketing campaign).
- Legal purposes. We may disclose your personal information if permitted by law or required to do so by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our customers or users of our site.
- Links. This site may contain links or references to other Web sites outside of our control. Please be aware that we have no control over these sites and our privacy statement does not apply to these sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of linked or referenced sites you enter.
4. How we protect your information
We take security seriously and we take precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, Jamieson Media cannot guarantee that communications between you and Jamieson Media, or information stored on hotel-industry.co.uk servers, will be free from unauthorised access by third parties.
5. Your details and contacting us
You can check what personal information we hold about you, update your information, ask us to remove your information, correct any inaccuracies in such personal information or ask us questions about our Privacy Statement, by contacting us at email@example.com We will make every effort to respond to your request in a timely manner.